Hey there, my smokin’ buddies! Today, I’ve got a lip-smacking topic that’s gonna send your taste buds on a flavor rollercoaster – we’re diving into the world of Masterbuilt smoked chicken thighs. Brace yourselves, ’cause we’re about to embark on a finger-lickin’ journey through smoke and sizzle. So grab your aprons and let’s get this BBQ party started!
How to make smoked chicken thighs on a Masterbuilt
Alright, let’s break this down like a backyard BBQ maestro. First things first, fire up that Masterbuilt smoker of yours. Make sure it’s preheated to around 225°F (that’s about 107°C for our metric pals). While that smokin’ machine is getting ready, let’s prep those chicken thighs. Give ’em a nice rubdown with your favorite seasoning – we’ll talk more about rubs in a sec. Now, pop those seasoned beauties onto the smoker grates and let ’em dance in the hickory-scented haze for about 1.5 to 2 hours. We’re aiming for a final internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), so keep an eye on that trusty meat thermometer. Once they hit the mark, you’re ready to dazzle your taste buds!
Type of wood chips to use
Wood, my friends, is the unsung hero of smoked goodness. When it comes to chicken, I’m all about that fruitwood magic – apple, cherry, or even peach. They infuse a delicate sweetness that’ll make your taste buds shimmy with delight. Just remember, less is more. Too much smoke can turn your culinary masterpiece into a bonfire disaster!
Best rub to use
Now, let’s talk rubs. I’m a firm believer that variety is the spice of life, and that applies to rubs too. For chicken thighs, I love a combo of paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, and a little kick of cayenne pepper. But hey, if you’re feelin’ adventurous, throw in some herbs, maybe a touch of ginger – it’s your flavor playground!
How long will it take to cook
Time, my friends, is of the essence. Roughly 1.5 to 2 hours in the smoky embrace of your Masterbuilt will do the trick. But remember, it’s all about that internal temp hitting 165°F (74°C). Trust that meat thermometer like your BBQ bestie!
Getting a crispy skin
Ah, the quest for the crispy skin – a journey as old as time. To achieve skin that’s as crispy as an autumn leaf, give those thighs a quick sear on a hot grill after their smoky rendezvous. Crank up the heat, let ’em sizzle for a few minutes on each side, and watch that skin transform into crispy perfection.
What side dish to serve
Now, let’s talk sides, ’cause what’s a BBQ without ’em? I’m talkin’ buttery corn on the cob, creamy coleslaw with a tangy twist, and maybe some smoked mac ‘n’ cheese that’ll have you singin’ hallelujah. Mix and match, my friends – it’s a flavor fiesta!
What to do with leftovers
Listen up, ’cause this is a nugget of wisdom you’ll thank me for. Leftover smoked chicken thighs are a gift that keeps on giving. Shred ’em up, toss ’em in a salad, slap ’em between two slices of bread with some avocado and bacon – it’s a sandwich fit for the BBQ gods!
And there you have it, my smoky comrades! Masterbuilt Smoked Chicken Thighs, a symphony of flavors that’ll have your taste buds dancin. Remember, it’s not just about the food, it’s about the journey. So fire up that Masterbuilt, embrace the smoke, and savor every juicy, crispy, finger-lickin’ bite. Until next time, keep smokin’ and keep those grills fired up! Thanks for joining me on this delectable adventure, and as they say, “Smoke ’em if you got ’em!”
Masterbuilt Smoked Chicken Thighs
Get ready for a culinary delight with our Masterbuilt smoked chicken thighs recipe. Juicy, tender, and packed with smoky goodness!
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
For the rub:
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of your preferred fruitwood chips apple, cherry, peach
- 1 cup water
Prepping for Smokin'
- Preheat your Masterbuilt Smoker to a smokin' 225°F (107°C).
- While that bad boy is heating up, mix your paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper together in a bowl to create your rub. Rub each chicken thigh generously with this flavor explosion and let 'em marinate for about 15-20 minutes. Oh, the anticipation!
Let the Smoke Begin!
- Time to add some smoky charm. Soak your fruitwood chips in water for at least 30 minutes. Drain 'em, toss 'em on your smoker's wood chip tray, and let the smokin' begin!
- Pop those seasoned thighs onto the smoker grates, close the door, and let 'em dance in the smoky haze for about 1.5 to 2 hours. Remember, we're chasing that internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), so keep an eye on it with that trusty meat thermometer. The wait is torturous, I know!
Crispy Skin Showdown
- Optional but oh-so-worth-it step: for that irresistibly crispy skin, fire up your grill. Sear those smoked beauties for about 2-3 minutes on each side. The sizzle and aroma will drive you wild!
- If you're in a hurry, you can skip the grill and just crank up the heat on your smoker for the last 10-15 minutes. That skin will be a crispy masterpiece either way!
- With that chicken sizzling and the aroma wafting, transfer your smoked, seared, or just plain juicy thighs to a serving platter.
- Grab your favorite sides - whether it's that buttery corn, creamy coleslaw, or mac 'n' cheese that dreams are made of - and create a feast fit for a king!