Hey there, my fellow grill enthusiasts and food adventurers! Today, I’ve got a lip-smacking treat for you: Traeger Pork Chops recipe! Get ready to take your taste buds on a smoky journey like no other. But before we get started, let me share a little story that’ll have you salivating in no time.
Picture this: it was a sunny Sunday afternoon, and my friends and I were having a backyard BBQ bash. The smell of sizzling meat wafted through the air, drawing neighbors from miles away (well, maybe just a few houses). My buddy, Mike, an absolute grill guru, whipped out his trusty Traeger pellet grill and said, “We’re making some smoked pork chops today, my friends!”
How to make the best Traeger Pork Chops
Season Your Chops: Grab those thick, juicy pork chops and sprinkle on your favorite rub. I like to go wild with a mix of paprika, garlic powder, and a hint of cayenne for a subtle kick.
Fire Up the Traeger: Get your Traeger pellet grill preheated to a smokin’ 225°F. Oh yeah, we’re talkin’ low and slow for tender, flavorful chops!
Pick Your Pellets: Now, when it comes to pellets, don’t be a slacker! Opt for fruity flavors like apple or cherry wood, enhancing the pork’s natural sweetness.
Smoke ‘Em: Pop those seasoned chops onto the grill grates and let the Traeger work its magic. Patience, my friends, patience!
Reverse Sear – The Master Move: Once the chops reach an internal temp of about 120°F, it’s time to crank up the heat! Give ’em a quick sear on high heat for that glorious crust.
Let ‘Em Rest: You’re almost there, but don’t rush it! Give those smoked beauties a few minutes to rest and soak up all the flavors.
Chow Time: Finally, the moment we’ve all been waiting for! Slice into those mouthwatering pork chops, and let the taste explosion begin!
Which wood pellets to use
Alright, now that we’ve nailed the recipe, let’s talk pellets! To achieve that perfect smoky flavor, you’ll want to go for fruitwood pellets. Apple, cherry, or even a blend of the two will take your pork chops to the next level. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
What kind of pork chop to smoke
When it comes to pork chops, go big or go home! Choose bone-in chops for maximum juiciness and flavor. The bone helps keep the meat tender during the smoking process, and it’s way more fun to eat—gnawing on a bone brings out the inner caveman (or cavewoman) in all of us!
Reverse sear it
Now, the reverse sear may sound like some secret grilling society move, but fear not—I’m letting you in on the juicy deets! It’s all about patience and technique. Start with that low and slow smoke to infuse the chops with that smoky goodness, and then crank up the heat to get that perfect crust. It’s like giving your taste buds a one-two flavor punch!
What to serve
Oh, baby, these smoked pork chops can stand alone and steal the show, but why not make it a full-on flavor fiesta? Pair ’em up with some tangy coleslaw, a side of sweet cornbread, and maybe even some roasted veggies for a healthy twist. You’ve got yourself a meal that’ll have your friends and family bowing down to the BBQ master (that’s you!).
What can you make with leftovers
Now, let’s talk leftovers—because we all know it’s a rare occasion when there’s not a pork chop or two left behind. No worries, though! Get creative and turn those leftovers into something magical. Chop ’em up for a pork chop salad, toss ’em into a stir-fry, or whip up some savory pork chop sandwiches. Waste not, want not, am I right?
Random Fact Alert!
Did you know that pork chops come from the loin of the pig? Yep, that’s right! They’re a lean and tender cut that’s just begging to be smoked to perfection on your Traeger pellet grill. It’s like the grill gods designed it for us to enjoy!
I hope you’re as excited as I am to dive into the smoky goodness of Traeger Smoked Pork Chops! From the tantalizing aroma to the melt-in-your-mouth taste, this recipe is a winner. So get that pellet grill fired up, grab some juicy pork chops, and let the grilling adventure begin!
And before I bid you adieu, remember: when it comes to grilling, it’s all about experimentation, trying new things, and most importantly, having a blast with friends and family. So, keep that grill hot, keep those taste buds happy, and never stop exploring the world of smoky delights!
Thanks for joining me on this flavorful journey. Until next time, happy grilling, my fellow BBQ enthusiasts! Stay smokin’ and keep that grill game strong!
Catchphrase time: Grill it, thrill it, and let the flavors spill!
Traeger Pork Chops Recipe
Juicy and flavorful Traeger pork chops recipe that will make your taste buds dance. Try our mouthwatering recipe today!
- 4 bone-in pork chops 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper adjust to your spice preference
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Applewood pellets for your Traeger pellet grill
Preparing the Pork Chops
- Take your bone-in pork chops out of the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes. This ensures even cooking on the grill.
- While the chops are resting, prepare the smoky applewood spice rub. In a small bowl, combine kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger. Mix everything well to create a fragrant spice blend.
- Preheat your Traeger pellet grill to 225°F using applewood pellets. This low and slow cooking temperature will infuse your chops with that irresistible smoky flavor!
Seasoning the Chops
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel to ensure the spice rub sticks properly. Drizzle both sides of the chops with olive oil and rub it in for a light coating.
- Generously sprinkle the smoky applewood spice rub on both sides of the chops, pressing it into the meat. Let the flavors embrace those chops!
Smoking the Pork Chops
- Once your Traeger is preheated, place the seasoned pork chops directly on the grill grates. Close the lid and let them smoke for about 30-40 minutes.
- Using a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of the chops. When they reach around 120°F, it's time to move on to the next phase.
- Crank up the heat on your Traeger pellet grill to the highest setting, usually around 450°F. Give those chops a good sear on each side for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until they develop a beautiful crust.
- Keep an eye on them, you don't want to overcook those lovely chops we've worked so hard on!
Let 'Em Rest and Serve
- Once your Smoky Applewood-Spiced Pork Chops have reached the desired internal temperature (around 145°F for medium), remove them from the grill. Let them rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute and flavors to meld.
- Now, the moment you've been waiting for! Serve those scrumptious pork chops with your favorite side dishes. Whether it's a crisp green salad, garlic mashed potatoes, or roasted vegetables—let your imagination run wild!