Hey there, foodie friends! Welcome back to my blog, where we’re diving into the wonderful world of slow cooker corned beef brisket! Now, let me tell you, this tender and flavorful dish has been a family favorite for ages. It’s like a taste explosion in your mouth! So, let’s get right to it and learn how to make this delish dish step by step!
How to make slow cooker corned beef brisket
- Grab your trusty slow cooker – mine’s been with me through thick and thin!
- Choose the best cut of corned beef – you know, the one that calls your name in the store!
- Plop that beautiful brisket into the slow cooker like you’re giving it a big, cozy hug.
- Fill it up with water, leaving just enough space for some other goodies!
- Toss in those spice packets that come with the corned beef – they’re the secret to its incredible taste!
- Set the slow cooker to low and let the magic happen for about 8 hours. Time to get cozy and binge-watch your favorite shows!
- When it’s ready, serve it up with some steamed cabbage, carrots, and potatoes – it’s like a flavor fiesta on your plate!
- Don’t forget to snap a pic for the ‘gram – it’s a feast for the eyes too!
Which cut of beef is the best
Now, my pals, this is a serious debate in the foodie world! Some say the flat cut is the way to go – it’s lean and mean, and slices like a dream. But others swear by the point cut – it’s got more marbling, which means more flavor. Me? Oh, I’m team point cut all the way! Juicy and succulent? Yes, please!
Can you overcook it
Well, let me tell ya, it’s not impossible to overdo it. You see, corned beef can turn into a sad, chewy mess if you leave it in the slow cooker for too long. But fret not! Just follow the timing I gave you earlier, and you’ll have a melt-in-your-mouth masterpiece on your hands!
How do you know when it is done
Ah, the age-old question! When it’s done, your corned beef will be fork-tender and oh-so-easy to shred with just a touch. And the aroma? It’ll fill your kitchen with mouthwatering goodness. Trust your senses, my friends – they never lead you astray!
How to serve
Well, it’s like a party on a plate! Take your slow-cooked corned beef and slice it up all pretty. Then, surround it with some steamed cabbage, carrots, and potatoes – they’re like the perfect entourage! And don’t forget a drizzle of that savory cooking liquid for an extra flavor punch. Your taste buds will thank you!
How do you store leftovers
If you’ve got any leftovers – and that’s a big “if” in my house – store ’em in an airtight container in the fridge. You can keep the cooking liquid too – it’s like gold! Just imagine all the sandwich possibilities for lunch the next day. Mmm, now I’m hungry again!
What can I do with leftovers
Ah, the wonders of leftovers! With some of that scrumptious corned beef, you can whip up the most divine Reuben sandwiches – toasted rye bread, melty Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and tangy Thousand Island dressing. It’s a flavor explosion! Or, how about a hearty corned beef hash? Toss it with some diced potatoes, onions, and a sprinkle of magic – er, I mean, seasoning! – and you’ve got a brunch masterpiece!
Now, for a random fact to impress your friends at the next dinner party – did you know that corned beef got its name from the “corns” of salt used to preserve the meat back in the day? Yep, mind-blowing, right?
Overall, slow cooker corned beef brisket is like the culinary gift that keeps on giving. It’s simple to make, but the flavor is out of this world! So, gather your ingredients, fire up that slow cooker, and get ready for a taste sensation! And hey, thanks a bunch for joining me on this food adventure – you’re the real MVPs!
Finally, let me leave you with this cute catchphrase: “Cook with love, and your food will love you back!” Happy cooking, my friends!
Slow Cooker Corned Beef Brisket
Discover the secret to perfectly cooked slow cooker corned beef brisket - an irresistible main course for any occasion.
- 4 pounds of corned beef brisket point cut, of course!
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust for your heat tolerance!
- 1 large onion quartered
- 4 medium carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium potatoes scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 small head of cabbage cut into wedges
- 4 cups of water or enough to cover the brisket
The Flavor Bomb Spice Rub
- Take a deep breath and appreciate the wonderful spices that are about to come together. Now, let's make our spice rub! In your mortar (or spice grinder), combine the black peppercorns, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, allspice berries, and red pepper flakes. Give it a good grind until the aroma starts to tickle your senses!
- Rub this glorious spice mix all over your corned beef brisket, like it's getting a spa treatment! Make sure it's coated on all sides, so every bite bursts with flavor!
Sear or Not to Sear?
- Now, here comes the optional part. Some folks like to sear their brisket before slow-cooking, and let me tell you, it adds a depth of flavor that'll make your taste buds dance! So, heat up that skillet or pan over medium-high heat, and give your brisket a quick sear on all sides. Sssizzle! But hey, if you're short on time or just want to keep it simple, you can skip this step. No judgment here!
Set the Stage in the Slow Cooker
- Place your beautiful brisket in the center of the slow cooker - it's the star of the show!
Add the garlic cloves, bay leaves, and onion quarters around the brisket, creating a flavor symphony!
- Pour in the water, making sure the brisket is happily submerged. We don't want any dry drama in this kitchen!
Let the Slow Cooking Magic Begin!
- Pop the lid on your slow cooker, set it to low, and let the cooking magic commence! Now, while the slow cooker works its wonders, you've got plenty of time to relax, catch up on your favorite shows, or even take a well-deserved nap. Trust me, this dish is all about easy-breezy cooking!
The Grand Finale
- After those long and patient 8 hours, it's time to unveil your masterpiece! Carefully lift the lid, and let the aroma engulf your senses - it's like a warm, comforting hug!
- Add in the carrots and potatoes, nestling them cozily around the brisket. They're going to soak up all those delicious flavors!
- Now, gently place those cabbage wedges on top - they're like the edible crown to your dish!
- Put the lid back on, and let everything simmer together for another 2 hours on low. This way, all the veggies get their fair share of the flavor party!
The Big Reveal
- Finally, it's time to uncover the slow cooker one last time! Ta-da! Your slow cooker corned beef brisket and veggies are now a perfect harmony of flavors and tenderness.
- Carefully lift the brisket onto a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes - it deserves a breather after all that slow-cooking goodness!
- Slice the brisket against the grain - this ensures the most tender and melt-in-your-mouth experience. Your knife skills are going to be applauded!
The Grand Feast
- Gather your friends and family around the table - it's time to feast!
- Serve generous portions of the slow cooker corned beef brisket along with the flavorful veggies. It's a plateful of happiness!
- Don't forget to pour a bit of that delicious cooking liquid over the meat and veggies - it's like a tasty encore!
- Enjoy every single bite, savoring the love and effort you put into making this fantastic dish from scratch. You're a culinary rockstar!